The Ambassadors learned about the recent GPO reforms
On the eve of International Human Rights Day the heads and experts of the embassies and international organisations in Astana had a tour at the General Prosecutor's Office (GPO) to learn more about their recent reforms.
The Ambassador, Head of the European Union Delegation to Kazakhstan mr. Traian Hristea, UN Resident Coordinator in Kazakhstan mr. Norimasa Shimomura, Ambassador, Head of the OSCE Programme Office in Astana mr. György Szabó and other delegates met with the General Prosecutor Zhakip Asanov and his team to get familiar with the GPO's flagship projects supported by the European Union in Kazakhstan. They are the Justice Services Centre and Project Office.
General prosecutor's office is a core of our law enforcement system whose role was stipulated in the Kazakh Constitution. It is the public sector organization in Kazakhstan which aims to turn into a modern public service-oriented organisation from a post-Soviet law supervisory state body. EUCJ team is a partner of the Change Programme in the General prosecutor's office within the EU-funded project on enhancing criminal justice in Kazakhstan. Just recently General prosecutor's office became the winner of the international contest “Project Olympus” in Moscow with its 5 projects. We are proud to inform you that these projects are just the first results of the Change programme facilitated by the EUCJ.
You can learn more about the awards here: http://prokuror.gov.kz/rus/novosti/press-releasy/proekt-genprokuratury-kazahstana-zanyal-pervoe-mesto-v-rossi http://prokuror.gov.kz/rus/novosti/press-releasy/proekt-genprokuratury-kazahstana-zanyal-pervoe-mesto-v-rossii
about the Justice services centre here: https://astanatimes.com/2017/10/kazakhstan-on-the-way-to-unprecedented-changes-in-justice/https://astanatimes.com/2017/10/kazakhstan-on-the-way-to-unprecedented-changes-in-justice/
- Kalmukhanbet Kasymov, the Minister of Internal Affairs of the Republic of Kazakhstan, met with the EUCJ representatives
- The New Year congratulations of Saule Mektepbayeva, EUCJ Project Operational Leader
- In Astana experts reviewed the problems of ensuring the rights of suspects and accused at the pre-trial stage
- The EUCJ Project Operational Leader Saule Mektepbayeva gave a guest lecture at KAZGUU
- EUCJ supported the General Prosecutor Office's photo exhibition about convicts held at KAZGUU
- There are no scheduled events