The New Year congratulations of Saule Mektepbayeva, EUCJ Project Operational Leader
It is the end of the year 2017. A notable year in the sphere of human rights protection in Kazakhstan. A year full of hopes, plans and search of the most suitable best practices and exploration of international standards to determine own, Kazakhstani way of development in the sphere of criminal justice.
An interesting year that was saturated by such bright events in the legal field, as international expert recognition of the rightness of chosen vector in penal reform. Thus, the project "10 steps to reduce the prison population", implemented jointly with the Prosecutor's Office since 2012 was declared as the best project of the year at the international competition of professional management of project activities in the public sector "Project Olympus» in Moscow.
For five years the project has enabled Kazakhstan to significantly improve the position in the international ranking on the number of the prison population. Prison population reduction has contributed to the closure of 7 colonies and saving of around 12 billion budget funds. Isn't this the essence of judicial-legal reforms? By improving the protection of rights of people in the criminal justice system through their rehabilitation and reintegration, strive for the reduction of the burden on the economy of the country.This year will be remembered for constitutional reform, the adoption of the law "On Prosecutor's Office", a large-scale reform of the prosecution authorities, which involved experts of the European Union project "Enhancing Criminal Justice in Kazakhstan” (EUCJ).
On the eve of the New Year, I would like to congratulate all our partners, donors and friends with the winter holidays and wish us strength and energy on the way of further modernization of the country's law enforcement system.
- EU supports Kostanay Academy in developing a Center of Excellence for the probation officers
- EU enhances HR management of law enforcement agencies in Kazakhstan
- How do EUCJ representatives maintain relations with other EU projects in the field of justice?
- The judges of the Supreme Court will improve their public performance skills within the framework of the EU project
- The EUCJ project purchased technical equipment for the MIA Committee of the Penitentiary System with the support of the European Union
- There are no scheduled events